Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Bring your technical expertise in cable jointing to Christchurch
- 400v (live) – 11KV PILCA and 400V (live) – 33KV XLPE cable jointing
- Professional development opportunities, manufacturer endorsements
With our main office based in Christchurch and with depots in Central Otago and Wellington, we’re responsible for constructing and maintaining overhead and underground lines and equipment across these locations. Providing such a critical service is no easy task, and we know that to be the best, our people need to be connected, safe, and involved.
If you’re a qualified cable jointer who can work with 400v (live) to 33kV plastic cables & 400V (live) to 11KV paper cables, and can bring solid experience in distribution and supply, this could be an exciting change for you.
You’ll bring strong written and oral English skills, an open mind, and confidence to bring new ideas to the table. You’ll also be happy for some work-related travel – sometimes you’ll have to go where you’re needed to maintain and restore networks.
- Modern well-maintained fleet of vehicles & plant, including latest tools & equipment
- Competitive rates & opportunities to earn overtime at the rate of T1.5 and T2
- 5 weeks paid leave after 5 years’ service + one off long service leave bonus
- Wellness initiatives – including flu vaccinations & mole map
costs will be considered if relocating to Christchurch
Pre-Employment Tests | Medical & Ministry of Justice
require all successful applicants to complete a Pre-Employment medical test,
which includes a Drug and Alcohol test and a pre-employment Ministry of
Must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand
Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Please include evidence of your EWRB certification and any relevant formal qualifications