Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
CAD & Digital Lead
- Lead & Develop a High-Performing Team
- Drive Innovative, Future-Thinking Solution
- Challenge the Status-Quo and Redefine Value
- Lead and Develop a Team of Like-Minded Professionals
Reporting directly to the Design & Engineering Team Leader, the purpose of the CAD & Digital Lead is to guide & develop a high performing team and grow our digital capabilities, not limited to but including CAD, virtual reality, augmented reality, 3D, LiDAR & more.
Leadership is an important function of this position, with the following areas of importance: developing high performing teams, fostering an inclusive culture, training and development, safety and quality assurance.
The CAD & Digital Lead is responsible for managing the present and future workload of the CAD & Digital Team and will coordinate and maintain the draughting quality across the rest of the Design and Engineering Team. The CAD & Digital Lead will be considered an expert in AutoCAD having a high level of AutoCAD expertise in both 3D and draughting automation. The Lead will also have in depth knowledge of draughting standards across a number of NZ power businesses.
Connetics endeavors to be a future thinking technology hub, and thus the person with the right fit will be suitably passionate about implementing innovative methods and technologies.
What we offer
- A collaborative working environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- A supportive team that will always have your back
- Modern office environment with onsite parking
- Wellness initiatives - including flu vaccinations, discounted medical insurance & annual skin checks
- Long service leave (extra week of leave from 6th year onwards + one-off allowances of 1-4 weeks leave at each five year anniversary)
- Social club with access to company Hanmer holiday home
- Strong focus on a positive work-life balance including flexible working options
- Remote working – including permanent work from home options
- Opportunities to work across or connect with CCHL organizations via the Te Whāriki platform
Who we are
Connetics is a multi-disciplined, multi-regional electrical design, construction and maintenance business. We maintain and develop electrical infrastructure assets for energy customers throughout Aotearoa.
Connetics is ultimately owned by the ratepayers of Christchurch (via the Orion Group) and as such our financial returns enable the council to make further investments for the benefit of the NZ community.
The Orion Group’s vision is big and bold “Powering a Cleaner and Brighter Future”. Connetics’ part of this is to exceed our customers' current and future needs, take a lead in sustainability and deliver innovative future energy services.
Connetics works in a true design, supply, build, operate, and maintain delivery model having all services located at our main depot in Ōtautahi Christchurch. This connection means that the designer can get to site to see their designs being constructed and subsequently helps to develop more well-rounded designers.
As an inspiring and relatable leader, you’ll come to us with extensive experience and expertise with AutoCAD and other associated draughting software, including relevant industry experience. You’ll quickly impress with your passion for implementing innovative methods and technologies and be known for your proactive, driven and resilient nature. You’ll be decisive in action and unrelenting in doing what you will say you will do.
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? Act now!
Applications close 2nd Feb 2022.