Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
CAD Specialist – Design and Engineering
Connetics is a multi-disciplined, multi-regional electrical design, construction, and maintenance business delivering electrical infrastructure assets for customers throughout Aotearoa.
With depots in Wellington, Central Otago, Westport, Paraparaumu and Christchurch our purpose is to deliver energy solutions for our communities. We aim to exceed our customers' current and future needs by innovating, designing and delivering electrical projects, proactively harnessing opportunities in the fast-evolving energy landscape.
Connetics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Orion NZ Ltd (a Christchurch City Holdings Limited company) which operates within an Orion Group ecosystem as the electricity distribution services unit.
The Orion Group purpose to power a cleaner and brighter future with our community captures the contribution we want to make to the wellbeing and prosperity of our community. We are committed totaking a lead in sustainability and delivering innovative future energy services.
About the role
The CAD Specialist – Design and Engineering role acts as a subject matter expert providing quality and timely draughting services to the entire Design and Engineering Team. Collaborating across the Overhead Lines, Lighting/Smart Cities and Substations disciplines, this position requires particular strengths in AutoCAD draughting, while utilising new technologies to deliver advanced solutions to internal and external stakeholders. Design and Engineering at Connetics is future forward, incorporating innovative methods and technologies to deliver optimised projects for our customers.
Specifically, you’ll be draughting to suit customers’ specifications and delivering design quality and inherent safety by:
- Supporting Design Engineers of all levels with the setting out of design works, specifically the preparation of drawings in AutoCAD
- Ensuring design works meet job specification, are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Consulting with local authorities and other utility providers for information to complete drawings
- Consulting with sub-contracted draughting services for cost of service
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders on timeframes, updating and sharing information as necessary
- Maintaining the CAD Library, including templates
- Developing innovative CAD processes and systems to improve efficiency
- Assisting with upskilling Team capabilities in CAD and draughting automation
- Diploma in Computer Aided Design (Level 6) or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Comprehensive knowledge of draughting standards across a number of NZ power businesses
- A strong technical knowledge of relative specifications, standards, and New Zealand best practice
- Evidence of delivering quality draughting services on time and in budget
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A current and valid Driver’s Licence and be eligible to work in NZ
- Experience within any New Zealand Electricity Distribution Business
What we offer
At Connetics we offer flexibility and a range of employee benefits to ensure everything is in balance. We trust you to get the job done, and we respect the diversity and uniqueness of our people.
- A collaborative working environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- A supportive team that will always have your back
- Modern office environment with onsite parking
- Wellness initiatives - including flu vaccinations, discounted medical insurance & annual skin checks
- Social club with access to company Hanmer holiday home
- Long service leave
- Work life balance with hybrid working options
Pre-Employment Tests | Medical & Ministry of Justice
Connetics require all successful applicants to complete a pre-employment Ministry of Justice check, a Pre-Employment medical test which includes a Drug and Alcohol test.