Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Get the power back in your life! At Connetics, our people feel safe and secure in what they do and connected with the team they're working with. They've got a secure future with a trusted brand that’s growing, and most importantly, have the time to do what they love. Switched on?
If you’re a qualified Distribution Line Mechanic, Connetics is keen to talk to you, today. While there may or may not be current vacancies for this role in Cromwell at the moment, we are seeking expressions of interest in working with us as we expect to continue growing our teams and busy organisation over the following year. We've got depots in Tawa (Wellington), Christchurch and Cromwell and anticipate we will need more people with experience in the distribution sector, working on overhead line construction and maintenance. See our job descriptions below with all the nuts and bolts on what experience you'll need.
You'll be joining a friendly, tight-knit team who look out for one another and keep each other safe. Our teams are given the flexibility and trust to get the job done, because we understand that when your work environment fits your values and lifestyle, it's a better place to be.
At Connetics, you'll also benefit from:
- Long-service leave
- Health and wellbeing perks, including free confidential counselling, annual flu vaccines, mole checks, biennial mini-medicals
- Recognition programmes including in the moment recognition, and team and individual awards
- Career development opportunities such as seminars, training and leadership development
- Mentoring for professional and personal pursuits from mentors across the CCHL Group
- Social perks including super cheap rates at our Hanmer Holiday House, family fun events, breakfast events and Social Club gatherings
- Employee banking benefits via BNZ, ANZ and Westpac
Providing such a critical service is no easy task and we know that to be the best, our people need to be connected, safe, and involved. Get in touch today if you're after a secure career that will give you the power to get the best out of your life.
The finer details
Rates/Hours of work:
- Base hourly rates from: $34.35- $41.12, plus allowances and overtime
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Line Mechanic:
- Qualifications must be approved by the Electrical Workers Registration Board as meeting the requirements of a New Zealand qualified Line Mechanic (Level 4 NZ Certificate in Electricity Supply (Line Mechanic Distribution)) and issued approval to apply for a limited certificate as a Distribution Line Mechanic - https://www.ewrb.govt.nz/becoming-an-electrical-worker/registering-with-overseas-qualifications-experience/
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in construction and maintenance of overhead electrical networks (including lighting networks), experience reading and interpreting utility plans, experience working at heights and using mobile cranes. Experience reading and interpreting utility plans and experience in the electrical industry and related regulations is also required.