Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
With our head office based in Christchurch and depots in Cromwell and Tawa, we are responsible for constructing and maintaining distribution electricity reticulation, substations and protection across these locations. Providing such a critical service is no easy task and we know that to be the best, our people need to be connected, safe, and involved.
About the role
Working collaboratively across the Canterbury Regional team, (consisting of Pricing, Resource Planning/Scheduling, Project Management and Field teams), you will be required to safely and efficiently operate plant and machinery associated with the installation, repair and maintenance of underground, overhead electricity and street lighting utilities. Activities include trenching/back-filling, cable laying, pole erecting or any other general labouring activities directed by Connetics. This role may require travel outside the Canterbury region and may require regular rostered standby to support afterhours “faults” support.
- Relevant industry experience with breadth of experience across trenching, plant operating and cable laying
- Relevant network certifications (desired)
- Experience reading and interpreting utility plans
- Experience in industry and related regulations
- Current and valid driver’s licence, minimum class 2
- Current and valid heavy traffic class 4 (class 5 desirable), WRT endorsements
- Site traffic management supervisor (STMS) – level 1 (level 2 desirable)
At Connetics we understand that when your work environment fits your values and lifestyle, it’s a better place to be. We offer flexibility and a range of employee benefits to ensure everything is in balance. We trust you to get the job done, and we respect the diversity and uniqueness of our people.
At Connetics, you'll benefit from:
- Long-service leave
- Health and wellbeing perks, including free confidential counselling, annual flu vaccines, mole checks, biennial mini medicals
- Recognition programmes including in the moment recognition, and team and individual awards
- Career development opportunities such as seminars, training and leadership development
- Mentoring for professional and personal pursuits from mentors across the CCHL Group
- Social perks including super cheap rates at our Hanmer Holiday House, family fun events, breakfast events and Social Club gatherings
Pre-Employment Tests | Medical & Ministry of Justice
Connetics require all successful applicants to complete a pre-employment Ministry of Justice check, a Pre-Employment medical test which includes a Drug and Alcohol test.